Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, June 7, 2010

A New Approach

Things have not been going according to plan lately. From the start of this lifestyle change, I gave myself permission to go slowly, even if it took three or four years to get the weight off. However, I did NOT give myself permission to go backwards. Yet, that is just what I have been doing the past two months.

The one thing that hasn't waned is my desire to see this through and the confidence that I will succeed. So now it's time to shift gears and try a new approach.

One of my newest hobbies is photography. Even though I love it and have a strong desire to learn, I can get lazy about it too. Sometimes I will shoot pictures every day in the pursuit of improvement. Sometimes a whole month will go by and I won't even pull my camera out of the bag.

I have seen many fellow photographers out there participate in a 365 project. Basically, you take at least one picture every day for a whole year, even when you are sick or just don't feel like it. Opportunities to see the world in a new light, to expand your creative horizons, and to document a year of your life are just some of the benefits to this project.

I am thinking about taking it even a step further.....I am going to try and include myself in almost all of the pictures. This will make the project a thousand times more difficult for me, because I don't like being in ANY pictures. However, I think this will add a layer of accountability to my goal and perhaps my photography skills will get better too.

Since not too many people read this blog, I figure that it is the perfect place to post my daily pictures. Sometimes, I will write something, and sometimes I will just post the picture. I'm still a little shy, so this first picture is mostly a silhouette. I actually worked real hard to get it that way.

Let's see if I really have what it takes to get the job done!



Day 1 of 365
weight-246 pounds (still down 32 pounds from January 4, 2010)
size 24

2 comments:

  1. Lori, you inspire me. I envision you in the sparkling sunlight a year from today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are doing this! You NEED to be in pictures. I probably already told you how taking (and posting!) pix of myself helped me a ton, not necessarily with weight loss, but just become more comfortable and accepting of my own appearance. Besides, I dont care what you weigh, you are a beauty. Seriously. You are beautiful. I love your freckles and your pretty hair and skin color!

    ReplyDelete