Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What's Going On?

I haven't got a clue about what's going on with me lately. I have not lost any weight in over a month. In fact, the scale says I have gained 6 pounds. It's not an imaginary gain either. While my pants still fit well, they are not loose and falling off like they were a few weeks ago.

I admit that I did have a few bad days a week ago. I had at least four days in a row where I blew it. But when I say blew it, I don't mean that I binged and ate so much as to gain weight. I just ate too much to lose any weight. I think the worst day totalled 2400 calories. How on earth did I manage to put back 6 pounds? That sure must be a LOT of water retention.

I was hoping that smart shopping, good planning and a couple days of exercise would shift gears to get me back on track, but it only seems to be having the opposite effect. While I am frustrated, I do know that I have done NOTHING to merit a gain, so I know that if I keep staying on track and exercising like I am doing, it will EVENTUALLY start going in the right direction again. It's frustrating, but I am still highly motivated and I am committed to this lifestyle change, even if it takes me 5 years to get to a healthy state. I have survived plateaus this long before and I will do it again this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment