
I think I have still been eating a bit too much. I haven't been eating out of control like I did a few days ago, but I have probably been consuming too many calories. Yes, I am keeping track of the calories, but I think some of the items I am calculating might have higher numbers than I am figuring. Sometimes wishful thinking impedes clear thinking.
This weekend, I put in place another tool to help me get past this stubborn plateau. My husband finally got some help to move our elliptical machine (it had to be taken apart into pieces) into the spare bedroom alongside the weight-lifting machine. I now am the proud owner of a functioning home gym! After all the nagging I did to get the equipment in there, I will now be held accountable to use it, or my sweet hubby might just have a fit!
I started easy. I got up early this morning and did a short little workout on the elliptical. I worked out for 15 min and burned 137 calories, just enough to cover my breakfast banana. Tonight I will try to work on the weights. I probably could have gone longer, but I don't want to discourage myself. If I make it miserable, I might not try again. I really want to stick to it this time, so I am going to take one step at a time. I definitely feel like I have had an active weekend!

Way to go exercising! Both hiking and home gyming. :) We used to have an eliptical but sheesh if I could barely squeeze out 5 minutes on that thing! That is hard work. Incorporating exercise is my next goal...
ReplyDelete