Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thinning Down

The almond blossoms are falling to the ground, creating a blanket of "snow" in my small town. This has nothing to do with the post; I just wanted to insert a nice picture to break up the monotony.
Spring Snow

I almost jotted something down yesterday, just because I haven't in awhile. But then things happened and the day slipped away. I notice that some days you feel thinner and think you look thinner (yesterday), yet the scale doesn't show it. In fact, yesterday was the first day someone actually inquired how much weight I have lost. My first comment! Then the next day, you don't feel any thinner, but the scale rewards you with a 4 pound loss. Thank you very much! I'll take that day, which is today.

The motivational rewards are starting to roll in. I can wear ANY outfit in my closet! In fact, I think I can get rid of the tops that I never really liked, but had to wear because they were among the few items that fit well.

Additionally, I am enjoying thinning down my life almost as much as thinning down myself. I don't really want to own a lot of clothes, so I have made a little rule for myself. If I buy something new, I have to let go of something old. I should have done this for everything. Then I wouldn't find myself in the kitchen with 5 jar openers, 4 sets of measuring cups, 4 wine bottle openers, 2 meat thermometers, 2 turkey basters, and 8 spatulas! Just about every utensil in my kitchen has multiple siblings. At most, I don't really neeed more than 2 of anything! And this is AFTER I downsized items before the move. I guess I still have my work cut out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment