Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Two Days Down


It's been two whole days since I became a Vegan. It is real challenging. It's not hard as far as willpower, missing animal products, or hunger. All those things are satisfied for now. It's just that I have so much to learn and I am making lists everywhere of ingredients to stock up on and recipes to try. It takes a lot of planning and thought at the beginning because I know it will take at least a month before this become second-nature. I guess I could call it mildly overwhelming. Even the book I am reading suggests not to do it all at once. It says to try a few recipes and ingredients first, find out what you like and then gradually make the change. I guess that puts me in the all or nothing category. I have a fear that if I just dip my feet in, my husband or I might change our minds and give up. This way we are committed. I just threw out $10 worth of cheese, yogurt and eggs. At least the eggs were past the expiration date [chuckle].

I do feel great. Nothing hurts or aches and I seem to have an average energy level, which is good because mine is usually on the low side. I am enthusiastic and optimistic. Eating out is not supposed to be as hard as it looks. In the bigger cities, there are even Vegan restaurants. As they say, "Eat to live, not live to eat".

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment