I am so excited. My husband and I went out of town this past weekend with the kids and had a very active and fun time. We hiked a couple of trails at Point Lobos State Park, we went to Roaring Camp and took a train ride through the redwoods, we hung out at the beaches flying kites with the kids and we painted ceramics in a fun pottery shop. Finally, after all that activity, my husband took me to the movie that I have long been wanting to see, "Forks Over Knives". Just like I suspected, the message really hit home. I was ready to hear it. But the big surprise was that my meat-loving husband was deeply impressed as well. "Forks Over Knives" follows the journeys of several average Americans who opt for a whole foods plant based diet and give up their medications for heart disease and diabetes. It also follows the doctors and scientists who studied the effects of the western diet on the different cultures and societies and analyzes the results. After seeing this, I am happy to announce, there are officially two new low-fat Vegans in the world today.
It's not going to be easy, but my enthusiasm is helping a lot to get us started. I am focusing extra effort on providing meals that will satisfy my husband and help him transition to this new diet. It's actually a shock to my system as well, but only physically. My mind has long wanted to be Vegan. I am furiously reading everything I can and seeking out recipes that I think we will like. I always thought it would be too difficult to maintain this lifestyle in my small town where our local store doesn't even carry tofu and you can completely forget about almond milk. However, even here one can find an assortment of grains, legumes and fruits and veggies.
I haven't lost any more weight, but considering I was on vacation in Monterey and eating like crazy, I am very happy with that result. I am expecting to see results this first week and I already feel so much better and energetic.

No comments:
Post a Comment