Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, June 27, 2011

Got a New Scale


I ordered a new scale which I thought would be way more accurate than my old bathroom scale. It's not an expensive one, but it had a lot of good reviews about accuracy so I decided to get it.

When it arrived, I was expecting it to read about 5 pounds higher than my old scale, so you can probably imagine my surprise when the difference registered a staggering 10 pounds (in the wrong direction, if you know what I mean)! I was pretty despondent given that my most recent weight loss was only 10 pounds. It was like I was starting all over again.

Sure, logically, I knew I still lost the weight. But, now I weighed the same that I thought I weighed BEFORE I started back on track (even though I knew my old scale was off). The only upside to this is that I think I can up my goal weight a few pounds, so I don't have an extra 10 pounds to lose. Who knows? Maybe when I get there, I'll adjust accordingly.

On a lighter note (pun intended), the new lifestyle is going very well. I will be happy when it becomes a little more natural and I don't have to concentrate so hard on coming up with meal ideas. I recently discovered a stash of vegan recipes sent to me by an internet friend several years ago. Some of them look pretty good, so I am going to try a couple out this week. Hopefully, we will find some keepers.

OK. Back to work for now.

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your blog, can you tell me what brand your new scale is?

    ReplyDelete