
Well, we did it! My family survived their first week on a whole foods plant-based diet. There were some rough patches, which I have now read about and understand. During the first week, I should have been prepared for stomach upset as my body adjusted to digesting healthier foods. Days 3 and 4 were particularly rough.
Switching from one diet plan of 1600-1800 calories/day to a whole foods plant-based diet of the same caloric intake, I hoped would accelerate the rate of weight loss. It sure looks like this is the case, in spite of the fact that I did not exercise this past week. Before this switch, I was losing an average of a pound a week, slow and steady. This past week, I lost 4 pounds. I am starting to believe that eating optimal nutrients really does speed up the body's metabolism. While it is too early to say, this week's results were a welcome surprise.
Overall, I feel better, lighter, happier and more energetic. These may all be just in my head, but even if it were, it's still a good thing. I now have optimism about the future and I am really enjoying each day as it comes.

yay! Good for you!
ReplyDelete