Wow! It's been a whole year since I started this blog. The bad news is the diet last year never took hold. I never had the motivation to go more than a week or two. The good news is that I managed to NOT gain any new weight last year (from the previous year's BEFORE weight). I did manage to gain back the handful of pounds I had lost, except for one. More good news is that I made a better effort not to gain any weight during the holidays. I wasn't really eating like I should, but I was careful not to gain and I was successful.
Now it feels like a fresh start. I am motivated again to give it another try. I don't know what it is about January, but I feel invigorated at work and in my personal life. I have set goals and I know what I need to do to accomplish them. I started back on my diet on January 4th and so far, I am back to my low of last year, down 7 pounds. I have a very long way to go and I am going to focus on the successes for now and not dwell on the enormity of the challenge before me.
Being organized is a big boost to motivation. I don't know why I didn't think more about that last year. Now that we may be moving soon, I am going through all the old cupboards and closets and thinning out anything I really don't need or use. It is a daunting task, but it is definitely a source of motivation. I am tired of hanging onto all those favorite small-sized clothes that I have been hoping to get back into for the last 10 years. It is ridiculous when I know that if I lose that weight, I can afford to go buy new clothes. The only items I hung onto were clothes that are just a little too tight, basically, my same size but not very comfortable. I have hope that these clothes will feel pretty good in a couple of months.
Next month I turn 45, kind of a milestone. It seems like a half-way point in my life. No longer young, but not yet old, just stuck in the middle. It's a time to reassess, examine and plan for the future. I am still young enough to be active with my children, assuming I shed enough weight. I fantasize about possible snow skiing adventures with them and at the very least, family bike rides. Hikes in the mountains also sounds like a lot of fun to me.
Well, there's a lot more going on in my head, but I better save something for a future post. Until then!

No comments:
Post a Comment