Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Today is Really Hard

Today is especially hard for my diet. I haven't lost any weight in 3 or 4 days. I know that's why it's a bad idea to weigh every day, but I cannot help myself. I am at that point where the path before me is so long and overwhelming, yet I haven't made enough progress to maintain the motivation. I look back and realize I am only 9 days into this life-changing plan.

I am a little disappointed in yesterday too. I didn't blow it. I just ate a few more calories than I had intended, probably more like 1500 than the 1200 I would like to have consumed. It is such a small thing, but it bugs me and chips away at my confidence.

But, I thought if I just jot down my thoughts here, maybe I could find the motivation to get past this first ditch in my road. One thing that motivates me is the idea of doing fun outdoor activities with my girls while they are still young. They are just at the age where they are ready to tackle more ambitious activities and I want to be there to share it with them. So now, I will just close my eyes and imagine going on a horseback-riding adventure through some gorgeous countryside with my two daughters along for the ride. All I have to do is stay on the horse!

Another motivating thought is that I just cleaned out my clothes closet! I threw away items that I had been clinging onto for 15 years or even longer! Even if I lost the weight, why would I want to wear 20 year old clothes? I can afford to purchase new items and it feels terrific to have an almost empty closet. I think tonight I need to tackle the bathroom!

There! Feeling better already. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment