How great is that? I am only one week into this attempt at changing my life and I have lost 9 pounds. It won't feel like normal until I have been doing this for at least a month. I ate out two meals last week. One meal I had a salad with grilled chicken on top. For the second meal (lunch on Sunday-no breakfast), I had a veggie burger with rice and corn. It was a little high in calories (they put sauce on it), but I balanced it out by not snacking and having a low calorie bean soup for dinner.
I am trying to wean myself off breakfast because contrary to the general consensus, I tend to eat a whole lot less in a day when I skip eating in the morning. After awhile, I won't even want to eat in the morning. I did have some rice cake treats first thing this morning (90 calories) because I wanted to see if my daughter liked them. Well, surprisingly she did, so one pouch made its way into her lunch box. She is so picky about food that she refuses to eat school food. Now let's see if I can hold off until lunch. I do have some gum stashed in my drawer at work to help stave off the urge to chew. Sometimes I think gum makes me hungrier, but it's nice to have something in my mouth.
My first short-term goal is to lose 28 pounds total by my 45th birthday, which is in 42 days. I realize that is a lot of weight to lose in a short amount of time (already down 9), but since I am so large right now, I think it is possible, especially if I step up my activity level. That really is only 19 more pounds from today.
This first week I didn't excercise, or at least not formally. I did increase my activity level significantly. I didn't reach any aerobic levels, but I spent the entire weekend cleaning out my closets and drawers and I also did that in the evenings after work. We are hoping to sell our home and we are trying to get everything organized beforehand. Since I live in a split-level home, I spent a LOT of time going up and down the stairs.

No comments:
Post a Comment