Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

And the Cold Still Lingers

I have had this darn cold for almost two weeks now. I have been catching a lot of colds in the last four years. I am also suffering more from allergies than ever before. I had bronchitis in August and September. Feeling ill really makes it challenging to stay motivated and active.

Nevertheless, I am gaining optimism about this diet/lifestyle change. It is beginning to feel routine and my husband is totally supportive. He eats what I cook and doesn't sabbotage my efforts. I think he is losing quite a bit of weight too.

I have been reading a lot lately about the risks of losing weight too fast. Consequently, I have allowed myself to venture closer to 1500 calories a day (rather than trying to stay under 1200). Nevertheless, my current weight loss rate is very fast. It's a difficult balance. If I don't lose fast enough, I may lose motivation and revert to old habits. If I lose too fast, I risk danger to my health. I have to believe that slow weight loss much be the most difficult process to undertake. For now, and given my extreme level of obesity, I am going to allow myself to lose weight rapidly. I think after about 6 months, I will settle in on a slower pace and I hope to reach my final goal in about two years. I think I must do what it takes to maintain my motivation level and I am sure that staying heavy longer also poses certain risks to my health. Certainly, if I had opted for a surgical procedure to lose weight, the results would have been even more dramatic and fast-paced.

No comments:

Post a Comment