Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Yes. I Admit It. I am Struggling.

What was it that gave it away? How about the fact that I haven't posted here in awhile? I am without words, but now I will force a few for documentation.

I still look at this prospect as a permanent lifestyle change. Not every day can be perfect (or every week for that matter). I haven't been following my own advice and I haven't been exercising since my elliptical machine broke on me. I now have the replacement part. I just need to make the time to fix it. Nevertheless, that was no excuse to omit exercise altogether. Last time I checked, I still had two functioning legs and a sidewalk in front of my house.

The one constant that has managed to remain throughout this process is my desire and mindset that this is permanent and forever. There is no "taking a break" and putting it off. Now is the time and now is all I have. There is no guarantee of the future and the past is lost. My goals are the same and my motivation is still there, even if it fails me from time to time.

I have been good for three days. I have not gained any weight. I am still down 37 pounds. Things aren't really that bad.

2 comments:

  1. Come on Lori! We can do this. Fix your machine ASAP and hop back on. You will feel so much better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are good whether you are "good" or not! :) Read Women, Food and God. This is a lame comment but you have been on my mind all week and I should have dropped you a real note. Because this is a lifestyle/forever change, you have to allow for times like this and let it be ok. You will get there. Slow and steady...

    ReplyDelete