Not much new to amaze you with today. It's been strange lately. Yesterday, I ate a bit too much for lunch. Then at dinner, I wasn't very hungry, so I just ate salad with low-cal dressing. I thought I had saved the day, but then my husband went out to buy ice cream for our daughter who had to have her two front teeth pulled. She didn't eat any dinner and we were so proud of how she behaved at the dentist's office that we wanted to reward her with food. Funny how the reality of the situation doesn't dawn on you until the next day.
Well, my husband brought home three different kinds of ice cream treats (what a great guy, huh?). The girls both wanted the low-cal fudge-cicle thingies on sticks, but Mom and Dad opted for the rocky road out of the tub. The saddest part was that it wasn't even good rocky road. There were no yummy marshmellow nuggets, just white swirls. The nuts were tiny and few. Even the chocolate was boring. But, we still plowed on and finished that bowl of sub-standard rocky road. Hopefully, hubby is home throwing the rest of it down the garbage disposal.
Next time I blow it, I'm gonna save my calories for the good stuff.
So this morning, I am back on track. I've had my workout and my banana. However, I somehow managed to shear off the leveling leg on my elliptical machine. It broke mid-workout and I nearly got hurt as I was unceremoniously propelled off of it. It reminded me of being bucked off a horse (of which I have been a time or two). But that's a story for another day.

Sophie had to have her two front teeth pulled when she was four when she fell and damaged the nerves. Was a huge bummer! We were just at the dentist yesterday and he said they should come in this summer or fall...three and a half years later! She is a pro at eating on the side of her mouth now.
ReplyDeleteYou know, isnt that how it is though? A process. The rocky road thing I mean. At least now you are being aware and in a place of choosing what is "worth" it. I think mindless eating is probably our downfall in the first place and if we are going to live in a healthier way forever, we have to just learn to be reasonable. I no longer waste too many calories on junky junk. If I am going to "blow it", it is going to be on something really worth it which in the long run is better than having the junk AND the good stuff just willy nilly.