
I didn't want anyone to think that I fell of the face of the planet, so I am going to post a little update here. The sad thing is there really isn't anything new to update. I am still working hard to lose weight and exercise; however, I haven't lost any weight in almost 6 weeks. Quite clearly, I am consuming too many calories to lose.
Last week was especially difficult. We were on Spring Break and we traveled to Carmel, Monterey, Gilroy and Pahrump, Nevada. It's bad enough to eat out a couple meals a week, but three meals a day is quite the challenge. I was pretty good for most of those meals, but not all of them. Sadly, I have made another discovery about myself (and my husband). It seems as though our entire vacation is planned around which restaurants we are going to and that all the other activity stuff is just killing time until the next meal. I really want to break this behavior and return the focus to the activities rather than the meals. I just don't think my husband is ready to face that reality yet.
All in all, it wasn't a total disaster. I feel like I am still in control. I am still motivated and exercising. This is just a temporary slump as I work to build a base of positive lifestyle habits.
Today my oldest daughter, Pearl turns 7 years old. It's a reminder to me that if I want to be the parent I envision, I must continue to focus on my efforts to make permanent and healthy changes in my life.
For breakfast today, I had two low-fat reduced-calorie servings of string cheese, totalling 100 calories. I was really in the mood for a little protein. I think it's working so far.

Vacations make it so extra hard! And we do the same thing, revolving our entertainment around food and restaurants. Even in town. One of our favorite day outings is to the foothills to this pretty stream, mountainy area where I like to take photos of the kids. But whenever we go, it is just as much as the famous pizza joint that is up there as it is the beauty of the spot we are headed to. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteI chose to eat on Easter which was also my Birthday meal which was fine. The problem is, once I started, I couldnt stop! Today is the first day I am back on track. So that one day of celebrating cost me four days! Oh the lack of will power is sad. Anyhow, I guess the important thing is like you said. To be or get back in control and carry on.