Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Back on the Wagon

There are three ways to get rid of leftover party food. Give it to someone else, throw it in the trash, or eat it all yourself. Guess which option I chose.

Well, I guess it's a good thing that I am looking at this as a lifestyle change and not a diet. If it were a diet, I would have given up long ago. One or two bad days and all would be a loss. But NOT this time!

I have learned another reason to exercise. It can work like a reset button. You think you've blown it and nothing will get you back on track, and then after 45 minutes on an elliptical machine and lifting weights, you feel re-energized and motivated to just keep going. I didn't feel like exercising yesterday (due to the dizzy head and sick tummy) and it resulted in a day of excess. I turned off my "thinking cap" and put myself on autopilot. It's no way to manage any part of your life.

So I exercised this morning and I am back in control (for now). I think it's time to bring out another motivational tool. I have a college reunion in a little over a month. If I could lose another 10 or 20 pounds, I think I would be better adjusted to face the old alumni. My focus can then be on socializing rather than self-obsessing. I think I am going to try and reduce my daily caloric intake to 1000-1200 calories..............at least for now.

1 comment:

  1. I did that same thing. We celebrated Easter (and on Easter my Birthday too)and I decided ahead of time that would be a "free" day. Well it wasnt free at all! I just could not hop back on that Monday and it continued until I literally was so sick on Wed night that I made sure I would get back to it on Thurs. For me, when I am in the losing zone, I can stick to it but once I am out of that place in my head, I am a mess. I have work to do on this or I am afraid I will always be a yoyo. Adding exercise is something I need to focus on now! Good job getting back at it.

    ReplyDelete