Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday Morning

I am one of the rare individuals who is usually alert, refreshed and eager to go on Monday morning. It is often my most productive day of the week. But not today.

The weekend was nice and relaxing. I did a photo shoot for friends. I spent hours editing the pictures, just for fun. I ruminated through my new cookbook entitled, "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian". It's more like an encyclopedia than a cookbook, but I think I can learn a lot from it and expand my cooking horizons if I just put the effort into it. I did enjoy the hour or two spent relaxing in the sun (reading said cookbook) in my front yard while the girls played in the cul de sac with the neighbors. I did not enjoy the sun burn. Later on Sunday, we went to Target to buy the girls some summer shoes and other miscellaneous items.

I also got my entire back yard dug up with irrigation pipes and sprinklers laid out everywhere. However, that wasn't my doing. That was my landlord, who told me that we would have a backyard for the girls to play in come May. I guess he's right on track.

So, having the feeling that I hadn't really accomplished anything of significance this weekend (does laundry count?), I coaxed my sweet hubby into helping me repair the stabilization legs on my elliptical machine. Excellent! I plugged my IPod in Sunday night to recharge all my favorite tunes, only to find out Monday morning that I have to leave my laptop OPEN in order for the IPod to charge. I now had an excuse to avoid exercise. But I didn't use it. I got right on that elliptical machine sans music and did what I needed to do, exercise. It feels good to be back on track.

With the exception of a little blip on Sunday, I have been pretty well in control of my eating for nearly a week. The scale is trying to show me more reason to celebrate, but that darn needle bounces back and forth, and until it stays where I want it, I am not gonna count the loss it is teasing me with. Does anyone elses' scale do this?

Here are a couple of pictures from this weekend, just to keep this post from being too boring.
A Boy and His Pup
Ethan's Family

No comments:

Post a Comment