Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What a Difference a Day Makes!

Let this be a lesson. Yesterday I had gone 8 days without any noticeable weight loss. In the past, this would have been a source of discouragement. But now, I realize that weight loss comes in fits and spurts and that you can be perfect and not lose anything. You can make a few mistakes and clock in with a loss. It's not about the day to day ups and downs. It's about long-term progress and permanent lifestyle change.

So with that in mind, I was able to maintain my level of optimism and not use it as an excuse to blow it. I even put myself into temptation's way and we went out to dinner on the spur of the moment. I looked over the low-cal section of the menu and nothing appealed to me. Instead I opted for a grilled salmon over brown rice and veggies. I think the reason this item wasn't on the low-cal menu was because of the rich sugary glaze on the salmon (and the large portion size). Nevertheless, I exuded unusual self-control and set aside a third of the salmon and rice and decided not to eat it all. I was so proud of myself. Later that evening, I was being bombarded by urges to eat more. I knew I was at my calorie limit, but I decided that if I stuck to fruit and veggies, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. So I treated myself to a few grapes and even later, a V-8. Amazingly, I still went to bed with genuine hunger in my tummy, so I am pretty sure I didn't blow it in the calorie department.

Now it is the next morning and to my surprise, I registered another 2 pound loss. That brings my total to date to a substantial 21 pounds. It's not yet enough to change a dress size, but it is enough to feel better. For now, I am relishing my new-found motivation and planning for ways to keep it stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment