Well, I was worried about losing weight too fast, so I upped my daily caloric intake to 1500 calories/day. Now I have gone a long time without showing any weight loss at all. What was I thinking? I guess I need to cut back again to something more along the lines of 1200 calories/day or less. I was hoping to lose another 8 pounds by my birthday, February 21st, but I can clearly see that just isn't gonna happen.
But I am OK with that. For me, I have finally come to accept the fact that this is a lifestyle change and not a race to a finish line. I know it could take me two years (or more) to reach my ideal weight and then another two years to solidify the good eating habits that got me there.
I am still excited and I still have my motivation. I have a big enough accomplishment (down 21 pounds) to propel me forward in this process.
This weekend we are moving! I am thrilled. This year is proving to be a series of new beginnings for us, and so far, all of them are good.
That's it for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment