Here we go again. I have been doing pretty well for over a week now and that includes surviving a holiday weekend of mostly lounging around the house and my kitchen. Sunday was my wedding anniversary and I ate as little as possible for breakfast and lunch so that I could enjoy a nice dinner out with my husband without worrying about the calories. I indulged mindfully, but without feeling deprived. When I came home and logged in all my calories for the day, I was still 60 calories under my daily goal.
I am really comfortable now with my current goals. I am eating plenty of food. I cannot always avoid breakfast, but now I am just eating something really small, enough to take the edge off. I still like to eat a large meal for lunch and dinner, so I am still avoiding snacks and trying to keep breakfast at around 150 calories or less. I don't think I would have gotten to this point if I hadn't convinced myself that it was OK to only eat two meals per day. That got me started and now that I have re-discovered my self-control, I am able to modify my habits slightly.
One thing that I have clearly learned from this process is that our habits, temptations and challenges are mercurial and change without warning. We have to be mindful of how we feel and how we are reacting, so that we can adjust our plan quickly. One day sugar is our worst enemy and another day, it's not even a temptation. For me, there is always something that can throw me off track. I just need to keep a lookout and be prepare to respond.

No comments:
Post a Comment