Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Feeling Good

It's a holiday weekend and yesterday was very stressful at work. I was mindful of the stress levels I was feeling and of how it was making my body feel. I was careful not to resort to food after work to release. Instead, I spent time in my garden and took a nice long relaxing bath. It felt good.

Today, being a Saturday in a long weekend, is usually a very challenging day for me. However, I feel different now and my willpower is strong. I have been in near-total control for nearly a week and I feel back on track. I say "near-total" because yesterday I really binged at lunch time; however, I still managed to stay under my daily nutrition and calorie goals. I was able to blow it and yet not really blow it at all. I was also very careful to mentally record how I felt after overeating at lunch and how my body reacted physically and emotionally. This mindfulness is part of what I usually refer to as "focus", which is one of my three keys to success. The other keys are "control" and "planning". Inadvertently, I have been planning a lot more lately (since joining myfitnesspal.com) and it is causing my "control" to get a lot stronger.

I am optimistic now, but I'll post in a few days and let you know how I did this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment