It has been just over a week since I decided to change things up in an effort to get off my plateau. I decided to give the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program (MWP) a try for a period of time. So far, it is working like a charm. I am down 6 pounds in 8 days!! It is a bit harder because my food variety is limited. I cut out the tofu, the olives, the nuts, the pasta and the dark chocolate. I can live without these things a little longer and when I really want them back, I will add them in.
At this point in time, I cannot project how long I intend to follow this very restrictive diet. Even though I am not supposed to track calories, I did anyway and found that I am consuming around 1000 calories per day. I feel full, very full, most of the time. Food selections are high bulk, low calorie density and very nutritious. I try to eat my vegetables first before the rest of my meal. One meal a day, I include a big salad with LOTS of greens, all different kinds. I often eat a whole head of lettuce in one sitting, but that's a small head of romaine or baby red lettuce, not a large ball of iceburg.
I usually have red potatoes every day. You can top them with anything from salsa to sauteed mushrooms to chili. I can pretty much dump anything on a potato and enjoy it. Oatmeal, brown rice and beans are my good friends. It takes so little to feel full. I do think I am going to mix things up a bit and cook some quinoa tonight.
Sorry to ramble on about food. Things are going great but it's hard for me to focus on anything else right now. I'll have to do an update on my goals in a future post. It's time to reassess them.

Yay Lori!!! I'm so happy for you. <3 You are such an inspiration. I agree with you. When progress slows, mix things up a bit until you start seeing results.
ReplyDelete