Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, August 26, 2011

It's a Glorious Day to Start Over

I am here doing the happy dance. I have worked hard for this day for nearly four months. Did I reach my goal? HA! Only in my dreams. But, I did manage to reach a mini-goal today.

I am officially back to my lowest weight of last year, after I had lost 38 pounds. It took me nearly four months to undo the damage that I did to myself the latter part of last year and the beginning of this one. But now, I am heading into unchartered waters. All progress made from here on out is NEW progress. And to top it off, my motivation, control and focus are at all-time highs. I can see myself all the way to my weight loss goal and beyond and I am prepared for a very long journey. My predictions are sometime in 2013 before I reach that magic number on the scale.

But the goals of improving my health are already paying off. My blood pressure is down, my cholesterol and blood sugar levels are good. The doctor told me that I was perfectly healthy, except for the obvious 100 plus pounds I am carrying around. I really need to ramp up the exercise and now that cooler weather is just around the corner, I can get outside more.

In summary, last year I lost 38 pounds and gained 30. This year, I lost the 30 again and now I am ready to head into the long stretch that leads to a thinner and healthier me.

No comments:

Post a Comment