When we think of dieting or a lifestyle change, we often think about all the wonderful things we are going to have to give up, or at least cut back on. I have been amazed at how I do not feel deprived. I am happier and more satisfied than I have been in a long time. My optimism for the future is at an all-time high.
So I thought I would make a list of all the things I had to give up to make this change. I expect that when I get closer to my goal weight, there will be a few more things added to the list:
Things I Gave Up
1. Meat (I was mostly a vegetarian, so this amounts to fish and shrimp)
2. Eggs and Dairy
3. Oil, margarine, added fats
4. Processed foods (I still have a few, but I am trying to whittle it down to almost none)
5. Oily hair
6. Dandruff
7. Clogged sinuses
8. Allergies (This is the first August in at least 6 years that I have not suffered the whole month from them)
9. High blood pressure
10. Pre-diabetic warning signs
11. Accumulations of wax in my ears
12. Short stubby fingernails
13. Aches in my joints
14. Tight-fitting clothes
15. Acne
16. Fear of failure
17. Lack of confidence
18. Lack of energy
19. Food cravings
20. Binging
21. Never feeling satisfied with food
22. Asking for the seatbelt extension on airplanes
23. Worrying about what people are thinking
24. Diet drinks
25. Embarrassment
The list could probably go on and on, but this is certainly a good start. Now I wonder what else I can give up. (I am now down 34 pounds from my highest weight)

No comments:
Post a Comment