I saw my hubby eat a PB&J sandwich for lunch today and while yes, it is vegan and the peanut butter was organic and natural, I just felt like I could have made him something more nutritious and satisfying. I want to try a fancy new recipe tonight, but I am fearful that he will not like it. So far, about half of the recipes I have tried, I really like. He doesn't seem to like most of them. I think the only thing that is keeping him going is that he has noticed significant changes in his health and how he feels. I just wish he could be enjoying the food like I am. It's been just over a month and I am still searching high and low for meal ideas, so I figure it's a bit early to expect perfection. My guess is that it will be about 6 months before I have enough acceptable meal ideas to keep us all happy.
To the reader who inquired about my new scale, you can find it here. It's called an "Omron" HBF 400. I think it's supposed to measure body fat as well, but the reviews said it wasn't very accurate with that measurement. Right now, all I am looking for is weight and it is doing the trick quite well.
I have a backyard full of ripe pumpkins (perhaps we planted too soon?). I think I am going to try some pumpkin soup. The idea of it sounds wonderful. Maybe that will be on the menu later this week.

No comments:
Post a Comment