Well jeese........here I was just a few days into my latest dieting revelation and then it's time for Spring Break. A whole week spent hanging out around the house and three days in Nevada, eating in casinos and buffets.
There was just no way I could make my modified diet plan work. No one else was up for just two meals a day, so I had to go with the flow. While I didn't gorge, I certainly didn't exercise restraint. It just wasn't meant to be. It looks like I am going to have to come up with a new plan for holidays and vacations. However, if these were the only times I overeat, then it wouldn't be all that bad.
So now, I am back at work and I am giving my new dieting experiment another try. I really hope this works, because on a typical day for me, this is pretty simple to keep up. I just diet in the morning, eating nothing until lunchtime. Then, I eat whatever I want for lunch (within reason, but not restraint) and dinner. Once dinner is over, I am done for the day. No more eating. No snacks, no treats, healthy or unhealthy. The personal food processor is turned off for the day.
Believe it or not, I think I am eating less for lunch now than when I was eating breakfast. I give myself permission to eat a little more, but it seems to result in my eating a little less. So far, the scale hasn't budged, but after last week, I think that's a good thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment