Usually when I haven't posted in awhile, it means that I have fallen off the wagon. Today that is not the case. In fact, I don't think I am on a wagon anymore. There's no struggling, no clinging, no effort. I've made the lifestyle change that I intend to be permanent and it's working. I feel like I have already succeeded; I am just waiting for my body to catch up with the rest of me. It's only a matter of time.
I feel very healthy and energetic. I sometimes forget that I am obese. I don't feel like that anymore. As of today, I am down 55 pounds and I have another 94 to go until I reach my preliminary goal.
It's almost Halloween and I am going to make an effort to try and find some delectable vegan candy for my girls. I realize it's not healthy or within the limits of our family's regular food choices, but I don't want my girls to resent being vegan on such a fun holiday. Actually, they are quite proud of our diet. The good news is they don't usually eat very much of their candy anyway. I do still plan to go through their bags and remove all items with dairy products in them. I also want to be able to give out some tasty treats that are more appetizing than Skittles. Will I be eating any of this candy? The plan for now is "no", although I do indulge in an occasional piece of dark chocolate from time to time.

No comments:
Post a Comment