Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Wake Up Call

It's been a long time since I have posted here. I had pretty much given up on this blog. But today we had a reminder that all is not well and that we need to make some changes in our lives. By "we" I am referring to my husband and myself. It is always difficult to change by yourself, especially when there are constant temptations hurled at you. It is like swimming against the current.

Well now my husband has good reason to not only be supportive, but to jump back on the bandwagon with me.

He had a 30 year high school class reunion Saturday night and he stayed out late with his friends and probably had at least a couple of beers. He woke up the next morning with an irregular heartbeat. I don't think he told me until the next day. By Tuesday we started to worry and I sent him to urgent care first thing that morning. They gave him several prescriptions, one to correct his heartbeat, one to thin his blood to prevent a stroke and something else I cannot recall.

This morning we were all up very early and he was complaining about his face feeling tingly and twitching. I didn't think much of it, so I went about my routine. A few minutes later I could see he was worried and I decided to do some quick research online. I called 911 just to be safe. This could be a sign of a stroke. He was also experiencing numbness down his right leg. They took him into the emergency room and ran a battery of tests. Everything checked out......but then there's still that irregular heartbeat.

I really think this is a warning to us that we need to be more consciencious about our eating habits and not just go for the easy processed stuff. I don't yet feel mentally all determined yet, but I do have some fear and a fresh reminder of why this is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment