I'll admit the first four days were hard for me. Days 3 and 4 I had strong gut/stomach pains that I now think were a result of my body adjusting to vast amounts of fiber in my diet that it wasn't used to. I felt incredibly hungry even though I knew I was full. That was me overcoming my addiction to cheese.
But after that 4th day, the changes started coming in. I had more energy and didn't want to sleep all the time. My skin got clearer and my oily scalp became less so. My husband also underwent major changes. He lost over 50 pounds. His blood pressure dropped and he got off of his blood pressure medication. He also got off of his medications for acid-reflux, anxiety and arrythmia. His bad breath (really bad) cleared up and his body odor is now pleasant. He used to suffer from hemorrhoids and now that is also a thing of the past as well as snoring.
So far, I am down 86 pounds. I still have another 64 to go, but I am feeling great and off of all my medications as well. All my "female" problems have cleared up and I no longer fear needing a hysterectomy. Dry red scaley patches on my elbows are gone. I used to get sick a lot and suffer from up to 7 colds a year with bronchitis. Each cold would last a minimum of two weeks and the symptoms were major. I did still have a couple of colds this past season, but they were mild and only lasted a couple of days. I feel like I got my life back!
With all this extra energy, I am enjoying exercise for the first time ever. I used to hate it so much that I wouldn't stick with it. Now I am working out 3-5 days a week. Somedays I go nearly two hours. That's a record for me.
Once again, I am able to dream about long hikes and adventures with my children. They are still young and now I have the stamina to get out and explore with them. In two weeks I'll be getting on an airplane and it will be the first time I won't have to worry if that seat belt will reach or not. I can even cross my legs, which I haven't done in years.
In order to gain even just a few of these benefits, I was willing to sacrifice my love of food and treats. To my surprise, I have never enjoyed eating as much as I do now. I have spent the past year experimenting in my kitchen and learning how to cook different healthy and flavorful recipes. I now have dozens of tasty meals that my whole family enjoys. I think I enjoy my food now more than ever. No longer am I a victim to my urges and cravings. I feel in control because eating healthy food is satisfying and non-addictive. Finally, I am excited about my prospects for a long healthy active future free from heart disease, diabetes and many other debilitating diseases that result from the way we eat.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment